Friday 17 July 2009

Twenty Quid and a laptop to Ladakh

So yesterday morning the phone went and it was Zach. That's after a manic message left on Sam's mobile. 'I'm great. Everything's great. Yesterday was great. I did a thirty fucking mile walk to China...' etc. You get my drift. When Sam spoke with Zach he could hear from his voice that although he didn't appear to be grandiosely manic, he was levelling up to a good seven or eight on the scale.

There were things he wanted, he said. Stuff to be sent out. His laptop for one and twenty quid too. 'Yeah, we're going to send you a laptop to Ladakh...' Sam, 'How are you doing for money?' Eyebrows raised, for a change. 'Don't worry about me,' Zach's retort. 'I know the meaning of finances. But twenty quid will be fine...' We know it's still cheaper in India than here but twenty pounds will not go very far.

Zach intends to stay there until the 'end of August and then go on travelling.' On twenty quid? Show's where his head is at. There was other nutty stuff too but it was typical. It still comes down to the fact that he was meant to come back home this Tuesday and he didn't. He made the choice to use all over again and lose his mind again. This is where we are at once more. I've really no ideas this time. I'm not going over to bring him back, nor do we intend getting involved with other options over there but I don't know how he's going to get back here or when and if. It's all rather peculiar.

1 comment:

Shanade said...

Hey Ros it's me, Shanade [you know, the 19, now 20 year old, that used to date your son].

It only occured to me recently to try and contact you and see if he's ok cause I've heard nothing and while looking for your email, I saw that he was mentioned and have been reading to see if he's ok.

Originally, like everyone else, I expected him back in July and now it's September...naturally I got worried.

It doesn't sound good =/ I want it to work out, I really do! I've not read on but am about to... I just want him to be ok, I'm a bit scared and upset.

x

Easy-hit-Counters.com