Tuesday 1 July 2008

The time it is a marching on...

Why is it that I only seem to be able to write on Tuesdays? And why do the weeks go so quickly? Only two more days and the launch. It's off to buy the wine and the plastic glasses and fizzy water so that no one has to sit down and suffer (I hope not) my wittering on. I'm prepared not to do a Gwynneth and ramble on, thanking everyone who's ever said a good word but I'm still not prepared to stand up and remember what it is I have to say...

Yesterday was the first of the long interviews. An hour and a half over the phone with a 'leading' women's magazine. Hope that it looks good when it comes out in October. Sunday was my first piece of journalism: a first person piece in Stella magazine for the Sunday Telegraph. I loved the photo they used and thought that it looked pretty elegant - and the prose wasn't too bad either!

My sculpture fraternity are showing up in force and I hope that they're not let down. They've been greatly supportive. One review so far from someone who received the book on Saturday; read it by Monday and who gave an excellent feedback. Makes me feel it was worthwhile. Can't anticipate that this will be across the board - but there's hope...

No comments:

Easy-hit-Counters.com